The project aims at increasing the socio-ecologic climate resilience of small medium-altitude snow tourism destinations and communities, to enable them to retain their attractiveness for residents and tourists.
Through the project, new sustainable development paths, transition processes, and implementable solutions will be conjointly devised within specific pilot working areas distributed across six Alpine countries.
BeyondSnow involves the following partners:
- Eurac research (Lead partner)
- Legambiente Lombardia
- Polytechnic of Turin
- Metropolitan City of Turin
- Mountain Community of Carnia
- EGTC Alpine Pearls ltd
- Development Agency for Upper Gorenjska
- Arctur computer engineering d.o.o.
- Deggendorf Institute of Technology
- METABIEF SKI RESORT
- Swiss Centre for mountain regions SAB
- Community Network “Alliance in the Alps”
- Association for the promotion of the transitions’ factory
This project is co-funded by the European Union through the Interreg Alpine Space programme.